1) Livelihood support
TYDT has formed 6 SHGs with each has 10-15 members. These groups were trained in basic SHG concepts, entrepreneurship and Income Generation Activities based on their interests and viability of the IGA. The SHGs invested in their savings and established micro-enterprises like poultry rearing, small input gardens and bee keeping. They also engage themselves in small businesses selling fish, groceries using small tuck-shops, purchase and sell goat meat.
2) Promotion of sexual reproductive health and rights
TYDT has increased knowledge and awareness of life skills, SRHR, HIV and AIDS through various methods i.e. sporting activities that are netball, volleyball and soccer, advocacy and social mobilization at community level targeted parents, caregivers and traditional leaders to eradicate harmful social and cultural practices detrimental to youths SRHR.
3) Networks and partnerships
TYDT has working relationships with line ministries, government departments, micro-finance institutions and other implementing partners on sexual and reproductive health, HIV prevention, and livelihoods of young people in Zimbabwe. It has also established networks with international organizations.
4) Participation in special events
TYDT has organized and participated in special events in Zaka District as:
- Empowering young people with skills, information and knowledge on SRHR/HIV issues to promote safe sex practices and health seeking behaviors through sports integrated with SRHR, life skills, HIV and AIDS education.
- Community HIV prevention campaigns/social marketing complemented with onsite provision of health services among them HIV Testing and Counseling, VMMC, family planning, STI screening, ART initiation, TB screening etc.
- Youth and/or ward opening days integrated with music, sports, dances, poems and dramas used as a vehicle for IEC activities around life skills, SRHR, HIV and AIDS.
- Local stakeholders meetings: to monitor and review the progress made and facilitate development of community action plan.